Tuesday, February 19, 2013

God proves once again that His grace is sufficient

     Hurricane season came early in 2013 as "Hurricane Influenza" unleashed the full force of its fury on my family for almost the last two weeks. Not a one of us escaped it's wrath. From the oldest (myself) to the youngest (Emmie) we all suffered the effects of the vicious storm known simply as the flu. Yet, throughout those 12 days, God proved once again that His grace indeed is sufficient.
     With fevers, chills, and aches now over the only remaining vestiges of the storm are the ever present coughs. The bend of my elbow has become well acquainted with my lips as it is no longer proper to cover your mouth with your hand when you cough.
     The empty cardboard spools of toilet paper (the poor man's kleenex) have been cleaned up along with the empty bottles of Tylenol and Motrin. The blankets have been returned to their storage areas and the endless cups of water and juice have all been washed and returned to the proper cabinets.
     As my fever broke Monday night, the storm clouds gave way to a bright and sunny Tuesday, the 13th Anniversary of the day my wife and I were wed. What a perfect ending to a long few weeks of sickness.
     There are some things in this life I will never understand like why it pleased God to save a wretch like me. As if that wasn't enough, He smiled on me by giving to me the most wonderfully awesome wife I could have ever dreamed of. He has blessed us with (in my estimation) the grandest marriage of all time.
     As a result of the 13 best years of my life, being married to my wife, the Lord has blessed us with 6 children. One of them we never met for the Lord took him/her home early during the 5th week of pregnancy. Four of them we have had the joy and pleasure of loving in person over the past 6 years and the last one we are waiting on as my wife enters her 12th week of this current pregnancy.
     Thirteen years ago I never could have imagined all that my life now is. I had no idea where the Lord was going to take us. One thing He has been patiently revealing to me is this...His grace is sufficient.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment