Thursday, May 16, 2019

Turning A Fallen Tree Into A Useful Work Of Art

Have you ever sat down at the end of a long day and, for relaxation purposes, watched something that God, years later, reminded you of to give you a better understanding of life? I find it interesting how God sometimes chooses to reveal truth. He is the greatest teacher I know.

A year or two ago, after a long day of work, I grabbed my Kindle for the purpose of unwinding. Most people, when they hear "Kindle" have visions of reading a good story on an electronic device. Not me. Though that was it's original intended use, I have come to use it to watch YouTube videos.

So, while seeking some relaxing entertainment, I came across a video by an extremely talented artist named Mike Stennett. At the time I didn't even give thought to how I came across it, or even why. I just thought I was watching something to relax, but God was using it to teach me something that a couple of years late He would wake me up to.

It is amazing to see the truth of the word God's word. Proverbs 19:21 reminds us that there are many devices (or plans) in man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand. I had a plan to relax and watch a video, yet the whole time God was using it to teach me a lesson that would give me a greater appreciation for Him and His work in lives of His people.

Over the next few, or several posts, depending on how long it takes, I plan to share what the Lord has shown me, from watching a YouTube video of artist Mike Stennett turning a fallen, dead tree into a useful work of art.

Below is the link to one of those videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNXo1gdnhGY




No comments:

Post a Comment