Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hear the instruction of thy father...


     This blog is dedicated to my wife Sarah and our four precious children Mikayla, Joseph, Jadon and soon to be born, Emmie. The Lord has so graciously and kindly blessed me in placing them under my stewardship. I want this blog to be something that in time they can read and gain a little wisdom...not the wisdom of man, but wisdom that is from above. The greatest thing a father can do for his children or a husband can do for wife is to share with them what the Lord has taught him through the Word of God. Just as the needle in a compass always points North, may I always point my family in the direction of Christ.        Solomon, king of Israel was the wisest man to live apart from Christ. He was the son of King David (a man after God's own heart) and wrote the book of Proverbs to his children. So, I will be posting in this blog as a way to pass on the godly heritage to my children that was passed on to me by my father and mother. 
     My sons and my daughters... "hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother" (Proverbs 1:8).  My desire as your father is to raise you in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. May the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ have mercy on your souls, quicken your spirits, draw you unto Himself, convict you of your sin, give you the gifts of repentance and faith, and save you when you cry out to Him to be merciful to you the sinner. That is my prayer for each one you as your father. 
     My children, "if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; Yea if thou criest after knowledge , and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God" (Proverbs 2:1-5).        

     Children, true wisdom can only be found in the Lord. "For the Lord giveth wisdom; out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding" (Proverbs 2:6). If you ever find yourselves in a situation where you don't know what to do...seek the wisdom of God. Ask Him... "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him" (James 1:5). 
     The knowledge and understanding of the Lord can be found in the Holy Bible...the Word of God. As you grow up and learn to read, make the Bible the book you read the most. I love you. I promise you that I will do my best to teach you about the Lord. Each one of you are the greatest gifts God has given to me. May I be found to be a faithful steward of God's heritage. I love you and will love you forever. 

     My dear wife...Eleven years ago, the Lord gave to me that for which I had long prayed...YOU! You are the love of my life and the greatest blessing I have been given, second only to my salvation by His grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. In you, I have found a good thing and have obtained the favor of the Lord. As I pause to watch you, I am amazed by your beauty and God's divine influence upon your heart and the reflection of it in your life. I thank our Lord for every day I have been blessed to be your husband. I entered into a covenant with you eleven years ago...I promised you then and I still hold to that promise that I will endeavor to love you "even as Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for it; that He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word" (Ephesians 5:25-26). Thank you for the best eleven years of my life! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Honey. I love your heart in wanting to raise your family according to the what the Bible teaches. I love the man I married, and I love the man I'm seeing you "grow up" to be. I am blessed to be called YOURS. Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete